Imperva Grows Business by More than 80 Percent in 2008
Company Nearly Doubles Customer Base for Application Data Security Products
Redwood Shores, Calif., Feb. 10, 2009 – Imperva®, the leader in application data security, today announced that it grew every leading metric of its business – including revenues and new customers – by nearly 80 percent in 2008. Demand for the company’s products accelerated significantly on a worldwide basis during the year as organizations continued to invest in the SecureSphere platform to protect sensitive data from external attacks and insider threats, and meet regulatory compliance requirements. Year over year, Imperva nearly doubled the number of organizations protected by its products from 2500 to 4500. The company’s customers include 62 organizations on the Fortune 1000 list.
“Our results in 2008 demonstrate that Imperva’s vision for protecting data from the application through to the database has tapped a deep and significant vein that spans multiple vertical markets worldwide,” said Shlomo Kramer, CEO of Imperva. “Data breaches, regulatory compliance requirements, and tightening data security legislation all fuelled our growth last year. In the current downturn, threats from both outsiders and insiders have increased. More than ever, organizations recognize that data security is a ‘must have’ not only for compliance, but for business continuity and protecting the value of their brand.”
“In comparison with alternative solutions, SecureSphere was the only product that enabled us to monitor and audit database activity without impacting our existing infrastructure,” said Satoshi Morimoto, Manager of Information Security for Fuji Television Network. “SecureSphere provides us with full details on database queries and responses, and allows us to easily meet J-SOX requirements. We were also impressed with SecureSphere’s ease of deployment and support services.”
In the past 12 months Imperva achieved the following milestones:
- Added over 300 new customers, bringing Imperva’s total direct installed base to over 700
- Boosted the total number of organizations protected and monitored by SecureSphere to more than 4500 with the addition of new Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) and Application Service Providers (ASP)
- Supported customer and partnership growth with 33 percent headcount growth
- To enter an untapped market, introduced enterprise-class web application security for mid-market organizations with release of SecureSphere Standard Edition
- In response to large market share gains in Asia Pacific added Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese language support to SecureSphere
- To keep up with shooting global demand for SecureSphere, introduced PartnerSphere, a new partner enablement and incentive program
- Expanded sales into Federal Government market with FIPS compliance
- Received ICSA Labs certification for SecureSphere Web Application Firewall
- Shlomo Kramer, security industry’s CEO of the Year – SC Magazine
- Network Application Product of the Year Award – Techworld UK
- Best web application firewall (WAF) – Information Security magazine comparative review
- “Closest Thing to a Silver Bullet for Security Managers” – Information Security magazine
- Gold medal in 2008 Editor’s Best Awards – SQL Server Magazine
- “Up to Spec” certification – The Tolly Group’s top rating for performance and throughput in high traffic – high transaction data center environments
Imperva, the leader in application data security, delivers activity monitoring, real-time protection, and risk management solutions for business applications and data. Imperva’s practical solutions provide full visibility into sensitive data, database and application access, enabling granular control and maintenance of critical data. Over 4500 of the world’s leading enterprises and government organizations in over 35 countries rely on Imperva’s automated, scalable and business-relevant solutions to prevent data theft, data abuse and ensure data integrity. For more information, visit www.imperva.com.
# # #
Imperva and SecureSphere are trademarks of Imperva, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.