Savvis Locks Down the Cloud for the Enterprise
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Building on the recent launch of its Cloud Compute solution, Savvis, Inc. (NASDAQ: SVVS – News), a global leader in outsourced managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications, today announced a new addition to its flagship Cloud Compute and Virtualized Utility Compute offerings – the Savvis Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) Service.
* he new service addresses the many challenges associated with securing virtualized web applications commonly used within global enterprises’ cloud computing environments.
* Savvis’ WAF service provides protection against Internet-based malware infection, a significant threat to web commerce. Recent studies indicate that a majority of all web-based malware is found on legitimate websites that have been compromised. Savvis’ WAF Service is specifically designed to mitigate these threats. It is available for individual enterprises and sits in front of the Savvis Cloud computing environment.
* Today’s announcement underscores Savvis’ commitment to delivering enterprise-class cloud computing solutions and supporting mission-critical business applications for many of the world’s top companies, including 40 of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 500.
“As security vulnerabilities and threats proliferate, organizations are increasingly looking for innovative security solutions that will enable them to adapt to new emerging technology solutions and protect their online applications to prevent data loss and help them meet their regulatory requirements,” said Irida Xheneti, Security Services Research Analyst at IDC.
“In today’s evolving business landscape and changing economic environment, enterprise customers are increasingly looking for new ways to optimize their IT infrastructure spend,” said Chris Richter, Vice President of Security Services for Savvis. “Cloud computing solutions offer some very compelling cost benefits and are paving the way for an entirely new generation of data centers, but companies also demand solutions for keeping their data secure. The Managed WAF Service is a significant addition to our portfolio of security offerings for our cloud computing platform.”
Savvis WAF service details
Savvis’ Web Application Firewall Service leverages Imperva’sc leading SecureSpherec technology. Designed to help organizations protect sensitive financial, human resources and customer credit card data from application-based attacks, the service can:
* Accurately detect and block malicious web requests. The service combines a dynamic white list policy model with up-to-date application signatures, session tracking and correlation rules for precise attack detection.
* Monitor application activity and notify customers of potential attack activity. Imperva’s Correlated Attack Validation technology can correlate violations across security layers and over time to accurately identify the most complex attacks.
* Automatically learn the structure, elements, and expected usage of protected applications through Imperva’s Dynamic Profiling technology.
* Help prevent data leakage – SecureSphere can inspect outbound traffic to identify possible leaks of sensitive data such as cardholder data and social security numbers.
* Provide robust reporting of web application firewall activity through Savvis’ SavvisStation web-based management portal.
* Provide customers with a tool that helps them address their Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) obligations, including requirement 6.6, which mandates that companies must either deploy a web application firewall, or follow a methodology that involves regular application-vulnerability assessments and remediation, for their public-facing web applications.
* Bundle hardware and maintenance costs into an all-inclusive monthly service.
About Savvis Cloud Compute
Savvis Cloud Compute is a new virtual data center hosting and private cloud computing solution providing enterprises with an opportunity to minimize costs and increase business efficiencies without sacrificing security or performance. With an advanced customer portal, Savvis Cloud Compute gives customers the ability to purchase fractional compute resources on demand by the “instance” for a “right-sized computing” fit with flexible month-to-month business terms. This is especially important for enterprises that have substantial fluctuations in web traffic and computing requirements.
Savvis, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVVS – News) is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world select Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology like virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation. For more information about Savvis, visit www.savvis.net
Savvis Forward-Looking Statements
This document may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from Savvis’ expectations. Certain factors that could affect actual results are set forth as risk factors in Savvis’ SEC reports and filings, including its annual report on Form 10-K and all subsequent filings as well as the risk that potential product cost and performance benefits may not be realized for any particular customer. Savvis assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements.